Tuesday, May 31, 2005

June Newsletter - See Dan on the 6th, 12th, or 17th

I will be at the one Sara Schaefer is Obsessed With You this month, on Friday, June 17. Why only one show? Because this is a special "taping" show, utilizing heretofore unimagined (at least for SSIOWY) three-camera technology, personal microphones, and all sorts of other electronic geegaws, in order to produce an immaculate record of this event. I'm sure Sara has big plans for the tape, but I have no idea what they are. Still, you should come and be immortalized on the soundtrack as a faceless laugher. What higher calling could man or woman know?

Speaking of Sara Schaefer is Obsessed With You, was that fellow SSIOWY writer Patrick Stubbins, on Friday's "Late Night With Conan O'Brian," playing one of the victims of the dreaded "Paper-Cut Ninja"? Why, I believe it was!

All right, new paragraph, wherin-- unlike the previous paragraph-- I promise to NOT write in the breathless style of a tabloid gossip columnist. I will be appearing at the reading and comedy series "Church Basement" this coming Monday the 6th, at 8 PM. It's a bi-monthly show, hosted by Jack Kukoda, at Mickey's Blue Room, on Avenue C between 10th and 11th streets (check out churchbasement.com for more details). It's a new venue for me. Will I triumph, or will I suck it? Only time will tell.

Hope to see you sometime in June.

No comments: