Friday, August 19, 2005

FINALIST!

I just discovered that a spec sitcom script I wrote (a Scrubs episode, titled "My Fake Family") was a finalist in a TV spec competition I entered. Check it.

As far as I can tell, I don't win anything (well, maybe some books on screenwriting-- it's hard to tell. They list a prize for "2nd place" and as far as I can see there is no second place, just 1st place and finalists. If I'd won I would've gotten $500. So close!). But I'm still excited. After all, it's something I can mention in my agent query letters, to slow down my inevitable relegation to the slush pile. Plus, it was the first such script I ever wrote. So I assume I'll only get better. I certainly hope so, since the alternative would be pretty depressing.

Anyway, I can finally hold my head high and say I really came very close to winning a TV writing competition. Yeah!

1 comment:

Rizzated said...

I must get into Scrubs. There is even an Erasure reference in one of the first season's episodes, to the song "A Little Respect".