Friday, May 16, 2008

Big Site News - Whither Laffs is Now Fully Indexed

I know I haven't been posting much here for the last week or so, but that's partly because I've quietly been going back and tagging all of my old posts, to make the site much more searchable and easy to use. If you're looking for all of one kind of post (or if you're a frequent collaborator/ friend, looking to see how often you're mentioned*), now you can just click on the appropriate tag and see all of those posts grouped together.

So if, say, you're bored at work, and you want to read some of my comic essays, you can click that tab.

Or maybe you'd prefer to see some of my videos (or, if not mine, some selections from other comedian friends that I've highlighted over the years).

Perhaps outdated topical humor is your cup of tea. Then go for some monologue jokes and trace my utter failure at getting a joke on SNL's Weekend Update, despite being on the freelancer's list for like three seasons.**

If you like to read sketches on the page, without all those pesky "actors" messing it up, you can check out my sketch scripts. Please don't steal them, though (or if you do, give me proper credit).

For a tour of some of the dumbest things I've ever written, check out comedy gibberish. It's like a comedian's notebook full of half-formed nonsense. Then again, sometimes the goofiest stuff gets the biggest laughs.

Or, if you don't have time for all that, you could check out my favorite posts. I'll try and point you to the funny stuff. Of course, your sense of humor might be different than mine, but if that's true, you probably wouldn't enjoy this site anyway.

Finally, a way to conveniently avoid reading parts of my blog that you don't care about! I'm always looking for new and more efficient ways for my readers to ignore me. I hope this helps.

*Sara Schaefer and Elliott Kalan are currently neck-and-neck for most mentions, at 48 each. Fight, fight, fight for my love!

**Yeah, I know WU jokes aren't really the same as monologue stuff, but it's a similar sort of current-events humor, and I had to tag it as something. Back off, imaginary objector.

No comments: